Monday, August 24, 2009

Bought very small SPY call

I think the market is fairly priced here, and I find it harder to find good valuation plays.  I will not put my money at risk to chase these valuations, as I would be a seller with 10 to 20% moves up.  However, I will play with a very small amount of money to go along investing in the Bigger Fool strategy - buying something you don't think is worth as much as you're paying in the hopes that a bigger fool comes along to buy it off you for more.  I just bought a single $116 SPY Dec '09 call for $1.

The motive behind this move is almost identical to when I held the AAPL Jan '10 $200 call.  I just found this SPY play to be a lot cheaper.  For AAPL to get to 200, SPY will have to break 115.  It's almost the same play, but with less risk-return.

No comments:

Post a Comment