Monday, August 31, 2009

Finally Switching to Interactive Brokers

Although I am very happy with ThinkOrSwim, I think I'm ready for a little more active trading style that $1 stock and option trades at Interactive Brokers will enable.

There are many other smaller plays I have been missing out on by either not doing enough research, or just thinking it's not worth the cost of commissions at TOS. For example, buying a $1 SPY Oct put or shorting USO in anticipation of a correction.

With a little bit more of a correction I'm looking at selling the AAPL Jan '10 $150 put for $10. Hopefully, my new account will be up and running in time to catch that. Would probably close out the Oct 140 put at the same time, to take gains and leave less risk on the table in case we have another disastrous September/October.

No comments:

Post a Comment