Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Trades Recap

I was a little lazy and didn't post my trades immediately over the past week.  Last Thursday I got a little fearful and sold an April 110 SPY call for $2.50, closed out that position for a $100 loss yesterday at $3.50.  I also adjusted the way in which I'm long AAPL:

  • AAPL July $165 put sold for $5, now $2.92
  • AAPL Oct  $185 put sold for $13.40, now $10.80
instead of the AAPL July $220 put, which I closed out of for a $300 loss.  Still also have:
  • AAPL Jan 2010 $220 put sold for $50.20, now $30.98
I didn't like the risk the $220 July put was putting me under - buying into AAPL at $190 if things went downhill from here.  I'd rather lever up at a lower price if need be, and decrease the risk of being called.  I still have a lot of buying power in my portfolio, so I'm looking to research a couple new long plays.  I really like Chipotle, but don't want to chase - feels just as good to let a winner go if its overpriced (even just short-term overbought).  However, I've yet to find a company I feel as confident about as Apple.  Even with no further sales growth, $220 in January will have Apple selling at an enterprise value to earnings ratio of 15.  Sales are still growing though as Mac sales numbers are coming in very well, and I expect iPhone sales will continue their uptrend following the July refresh.  iPad revenue is just gonna be the icing on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment