Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Apple Destroys Earnings

Absolutely crushing numbers...

I went back to my post 'Earnings Domination' following AAPL's earnings last October.  From that post earnings estimates according to Yahoo at the time were:

So the estimate for fiscal year 2010 earnings a little over 6 months ago was for $7.08.  Well, so far 2 quarters into Apple's 2010 fiscal year Apple has already achieved $7 in earnings, $3.67 in Q1 and $3.33 announced yesterday for Q2.

I made the mistake of thinking estimates would only come in a little above estimates, thinking like $2.80 and closed out the Jan '21 210 put for 25.55 on Tuesday morning.  O well, my core AAPL short put options have paid off handily this morning.

When I googled AAPL this morning, I saw this show up as a twitter result:
  • "Have raised my price point on $aapl to US treasury status and a new currency standard- We accept - 'fiat 'gold' and 'apple common"
I mean there is a chance AAPL could reach $100 billion in revenues in its 2011 Fiscal year, if not then 2012.  These kind of numbers are absurd.  Bringing in that much in revenue, AAPL will be priced to close to a half trillion dollar company, by far the biggest market cap ever.

I will be pondering how I can make the most money with the least amount of risk, or the risk vs. reward sweet spot I want to be in for one of the best company performances in history.

From the earnings call I particularly liked the part where Tim Cook explicitly announced their China revenues for the first two quarters at $1.3 billion.  Iphone sales there increased 9 fold year over year and they're opening up 20 new Apple retail stores in China over the next year.  Currently, they only have a couple of stores there.  I wouldn't be surprised if revenues from China grew to $10 billion in the 2011 fiscal year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment